QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager
The role of Junior Project Manager requires a highly organised and proactive individual to assist the Systems Integration Manager and other Project Managers in managing the various wide ranging scientific and engineering projects currently undertaken by the Company, both internally and with external global partners. Reporting to the Systems Integration Manager, this role will work in close communication with the Engineering and Software Development Teams in order to provide the necessary support, to ensure product development remains on track.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- The candidate hire for this role will work closely with the Engineering Team to track tasks and key deliverables.
- To maintain Gantt Charts and projects plans, tracking deliverables and budgets.
- To track existing grants and internal projects.
- To take responsibility for delivering development projects on time and in budget
- Liaise frequently with scientists and engineers in house and ensure excellent communication between teams and management.
- To work with all stakeholders and members of the team to aid the delivery of projects to time and within budget.
- To maintain extensive project plans with various external suppliers effectively and highlight any deviations in timing or budget.
- To maintain the tracking of deliverables and budgets both to customers and from suppliers.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Line Manager, Senior Management and Board from time to time.
- The candidate will adhere to all of QuantuMDx’s Quality Assurance (QA) Systems.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar.
- PRINCE II Certification or equivalent (e.g. AGILE, SCRUM)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Industrial experience.
- Experience of working in a quality led environment, preferably under ISO13485.
- A degree in science or engineering, preferably the life sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to fit into a dynamic team environment.
- A highly motivated, organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation.
- Experience in project managing scientific or engineering projects
- Project Management experience in life science or medical device applications
- Project Management experience in a production environment
- Engineering qualifications and experience.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to HR@QUANTUMDX.COM..
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and technology companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device Q-POC™ is a low-cost, simple-to-use, handheld diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics.
Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering goldstandard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the cost of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing from just a few dollars, in any setting globally.