QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx HR Coordinator
A vibrant young life sciences tools and technologies company based in Newcastle upon Tyne is looking for an HR Coordinator.
This is a newly created role, due to company expansion reporting to the Group Business Services Director. A highly organised and proactive individual who can work with complete discretion over sensitive and confidential matters is required to assist in the HR functions of the company. A large part of this role will be assisting in the recruitment of staff, across the company, perform all HR administrative duties and researching into policy and projects. The role will also initially include providing some administration support to the VP level employees.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Liaising with and negotiating contracts with recruitment agencies.
- Sourcing candidates using direct and agency methods and improving on systems in place.
- Assisting in drafting job descriptions.
- Organising interviews and keeping track of all recruitment processes, liaising with managers throughout.
- Drafting and dealing with paperwork for contracts and pre-employment conditions checks.
- Assisting the Group Business Services Director in all HR policy matters including, researching drafting and reviewing.
- Dealing with external and internal HR queries.
- Minute taking in HR meetings where required.
- Assist in HR projects.
- Keeping personnel files up to date.
- Reporting on HR metrics.
- Administrative support to VP level employees including travel and expenses.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office
- In-depth understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle information with complete discretion confidentiality
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus.
- A good sense of humour, a positive and constructive team player, and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the company matures and moves from its R&D phase into commercialisation.
- Must be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- CIPD certification.
- Experience with HR databases.
- Familiarity with social media recruiting.
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, due for commercialisation in 2019, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™ and rapid sample preparation kit DNA-XT™.