QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Finance Analyst
A vibrant young life sciences tools and technologies company based in Newcastle upon Tyne is looking for a Finance Analyst.
This is a newly created role, reporting to the VP Finance, providing financial and analytical support in relation to critical operational and strategic decisions. The role will include both project-based ad-hoc work and ongoing day-to-day finance support to the VP Finance and wider teams including Business Development, Legal, Operations, R&D, Product Realisation and Marketing. Your role will be to provide accurate, efficient and consistent financial and non-financial analysis that will be used to influence and drive strategic business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with all levels within the company and establish strong working relationships. The role has a wide remit and could include:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Financially analysing new products and/or markets
- Calculating full imported cost of new sales product, analysing optimum purchasing quantities, comparing to sales projections and calculating profit margin
- Compiling budgets for grant applications
- Assisting with structuring distribution agreements
R&D & Manufacturing
- Analysing manufacturing agreement with potential manufacturing partner, designing and maintaining full costing models for impending production and calculating optimum production volume
- Cost comparison for licencing model for use of external IP
- Cost analysis of in-house development of products vs outsourcing to 3rd party manufacturer including payback calculations
- Investment appraisal
- Building up shareholder analytics
- Improving and maintaining complex financial modelling tools used by the business, such as 8 year revenue projections
- Assisting with preparation of year end group consolidated financial statements and the annual audit
The ideal candidate will be a professionally qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a strong analytical background.
The successful candidate will be highly numerate, comfortable with data manipulation, be capable of communicating key findings and presenting impactful reports in order to influence business decisions. The individual must have advanced Excel skills, a strong modelling capability being able to prepare robust, complex financial models. As well as being technically astute, the individual must possess strong presentational and interpersonal skills, be very approachable and be able to work closely and comfortably with all levels of the business including senior management and the Board. The ability to build strong relationships across the business is key to success in this role.
The applicant must also demonstrate strong business acumen and ideally has had experience working in a commercial environment.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Must have a recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong MS Office skills including advanced Excel (formulae, pivot tables, macros, vlookups and the ability to create updateable spreadsheets), Word and Powerpoint skills
- Experience dealing with large spreadsheets and aggregating data in a consistent, commercially useful and mathematically valid manner
- Valuation/ investment appraisal experience essential
- Proven financial modelling and forecasting experience
- An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability and a commercially focused mentality
- A desire to tackle new challenges with a proactive approach to problem solving and good use of initiative
- Effective prioritisation of workloads to deliver results in a timely and relevant manner
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, capable of presenting ideas clearly and confidently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High self-motivation, ambition and enthusiasm
- A good sense of humour, a positive and constructive team player, and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the company matures and moves from its R&D phase into commercialisation
- Must be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- A degree in Life Sciences would be an advantage
- Experience of manufacturing operations would also be desirable
- Up to date knowledge of FRS102
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, due for commercialisation in 2019, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™ and rapid sample preparation kit DNA-XT™.