QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Chemistry Technician
QuantuMDx Chemistry Technician
We seek to hire a multi-talented Chemistry Technician to support the QuantuMDx commercialisation program, by working within the Chemistry team to develop the Company’s diagnostic platform, the Q-POC™. A key success factor for this position is the ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional group environment, with a willingness to be hands-on across a wide area of responsibilities.
The technician will support the Chemistry team and other R&D teams throughout the company, in a variety of tasks with the main focus being on probe deposition of a number of samples, on a variety of substrates, using the precision printer.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- to be a laboratory based Chemistry technician
- main duty will be to run and maintain the daily operation of key pieces of precision liquid deposition equipment used in surface modification of a variety of samples
- sample preparation of various surfaces for modification
- preparation of probes for dispensing
- analysis of surface modifications using lab-based techniques
- preparation of buffers
- data collation and analysis
- ability to follow and write lab SOPs
- ability to maintain lab equipment
- exhibit good and safe laboratory practices
- record results accurately and in a Laboratory Book in accordance with Company policy and GDP
- write accurate experimental plans and reports
- record and interpret results to present to line manager
- effectively interact with other Technical and Development teams
- work within the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies in line with ISO13485 standards
- comply with QA standards and policies and ensure that targets are achieved
- Provide support to the commercialisation activities of the company
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Previous experience of working in a chemistry laboratory
- A BSc in Chemistry, or have relevant BSc in an appropriate Science relating to Chemistry.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practice.
- Teamwork to accomplish project objectives and goals with strict timelines.
- Meticulous record keeping
- A willingness to learn new techniques
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Communication/IT skills and the ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects.
- An inherent willingness to research, develop and explore scientific methodologies and ideas in response to research and device developmental challenges
- Previous experience in surface chemistry
- Experience handling biological samples such as DNA
- Industrial experience.
- GLP or ISO standard experience.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Asia Pte Ltd is a wholly owned Singapore incorporated subsidiary of QuantuMDx Group Limited facilitating the Group’s access Asia markets and Asia-based partners, facilities, distributors, manufacturers and specialist expertise. QuantuMDx Asia leverages QuantuMDx’s innovative diagnostic technologies alongside strategic partners in Asia to develop a pipeline of Asian-specific tests to support rapid and affordable diagnosis at the point of care.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences tools and technology companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device Q-POC™ is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 20-minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics. Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering gold-standard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the price of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing for just a few dollars, in any setting globally.