As our Sustaining Engineer, you will support existing business needs by developing new and improved processes, tooling and manufacturing concepts and undertaking cost savings and obsolescence management projects.
You will review existing product design and identify weaknesses, as well as propose, implement and monitor effectiveness of improvements. The post-holder will also be focused on meeting customer expectations for cost, quality and delivery.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Create the strategy for the verification/validation of the new designs and participate in verification/validation activities.
- Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item lists, assigning responsibility, completion dates and achieving milestones.
- Complete projects, report status, and document lessons learnt in an efficient manner.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing floor in ensuring production of quality products. Work with other support departments to maintain on-time delivery goals.
- Engineering support including vendor contact and evaluating specifications.
- Produce DHF and DMR documentation for transfer to manufacturing.
- Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Perform all duties in compliance with the quality management system.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality management system.
- Work with the Quality Control team to generate, update and implement all project related documentation including control plans, work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample request, process guides and troubleshooting guides.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Team Lead.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- BEng or HND in Engineering or similar related field.
- 2+ years of experience preferred in the Medical Device or Diagnostics Industry.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in new product development, introduction processes and procurement protocols.
- Must be motivated and creative, work well under pressure and operate effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner.
- Must be detail oriented, focused and able to produce accurate and professional documents.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other statistical analysis software).
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Experience in CAD modelling software (Solidworks / Altium) is a plus.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
QuantuMDx’ flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
QuantuMDx is currently involved in helping to alleviate the current Covid-19 pandemic and has launched a Covid-19 Test Kit to be deployed in high throughput laboratories and carry out much needed molecular testing.
The company is also developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT®.