We’re looking for an experienced bioinformatician, who will work with our Assay Team to support QuantuMDx’ commercialisation programme and take a key role on projects leading to the development of the Q-POC™ platform and a pipeline of diagnostic assays.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
A key success factor for this position is the ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional group environment, with a willingness to be involved across a wide area of responsibilities. You will have a great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges, which is essential as the company grows and projects expand.
You will be responsible for supporting the development of in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) products in the areas of nucleic acid testing.
You will be expected to:
- Work with the Assay Team to deliver the molecular diagnostic product pipeline.
- Collate and annotate reference sequences across multiple microorganisms.
- Create and implement new custom tools to store and interpret sequence data.
- Interrogate sequence data and design new diagnostic assays.
- Work towards the goals of collaborative projects with external partners and be point of contact for some.
- Generate, record and present complex data, to line manager, colleagues, senior management and external partners.
- Attend lab, team and project meetings and present and report findings.
- Write scientific plans and reports, SOPs, Risk assessments.
- Manipulate and analyses datasets.
- Keep up to date with the literature on point of care diagnostics, assay design, infectious disease diagnostics and other relevant areas.
- Work within the quality systems following GDP and working to ISO 13485 standard.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (i.e. bioinformatics, biology, computational science).
- PhD in a relevant subject (i.e. bioinformatics, genomics) or previous work experience in a relevant technical, scientific role.
- Experience in bioinformatic analysis of sequencing data.
- Relevant experience in bioinformatics with a strong preference for microbial genomics experience.
- Familiarity with sequencing data (Sanger and NGS) and standard bioinformatics tools (alignment, variant calling, assembly etc.).
- Experience in data manipulation and analysis of large genomic datasets.
- Knowledge and competence in R and other programming languages.
- Experience of sequence database development and management.
- Experience in nucleic acid amplification-based assay design and development.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid amplification and detection chemistries.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Ability to work to the Company’s Quality Management Systems and Policies in line with ISO13485 standards.
- Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills.
- Good sense of humour and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects.
- Ability to work full time within the UK without restriction.
- Several years’ experience in relevant areas such as bioinformatic support of assay development, diagnostics, and technology development.
- Knowledge of infectious diseases and their diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaborative projects with external partners
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that may be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT®