We are looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for both our Q-POCTM platform and internal research platforms, in addition to liaising with our engineering and software partners across the globe to realise the Q-POCTM system.
A key success factor for this position is the ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional group environment, in a highly collaborative manner.
The ideal candidate is someone with a great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges as the company grows.
The candidate hired for this role will work within a team of scientists and other engineers developing software for the operation of molecular diagnostic devices. This work may encompass bespoke hardware control, data and image analysis, peripheral driver code, such as to control different types of actuators, and overall system control firmware to sequence and schedule instrument operations. The role carries significant design responsibility and ownership of core control firmware responsible for critical diagnostic functions of the Q-POCTM instrument.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- 7 years+ C development experience
- ARM Cortex processor family experience
- RTOS (such as FreeRTOS) utilisation experience
- Proven full life-cycle capabilities, in particular: design, build test and maintenance of embedded software
- Capable of robust design and implementation, from hardware driver level through to overall architecture
- Ability to debug software down to board level using equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters and logic analysers
- Experience of embedded firmware development and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Experience working closely with electronics engineers
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment on complex, fast-paced projects, interacting with both internal and external partners.
- A good sense of humour, positive and constructive team player, and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation is essential.
- Minimum BEng/BSc (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Science and Electronics, or Software Engineering degree is highly desirable.
- Medical device development experience essential (ISO 13485 / IEC 62304 compliant)
- Cloud-based service development experience or cloud-based technology use.
- Product and software development experience in the life science/biotech arena.
- Development under quality systems using extensive unit testing and code reviewing is preferred.
- Experience developing under agile software practices whilst conforming to a quality system would be beneficial
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, due for commercialisation in 2019, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™ and rapid sample preparation kit DNA-XT™.