The role of Project Manager requires a highly organised and proactive individual to assist the VP Systems Integration and other Project Managers in managing the various wide ranging scientific and engineering projects currently undertaken by the Company, both internally and with external global partners. Reporting to the VP of Systems Integration, this role will work in close communication with the R&D Management Team in order to provide the necessary support, to ensure product development remains on track.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Liaise daily with scientists and engineers in house and ensure excellent communication between teams and management.
- To work with all stakeholders and members of the team to aid the delivery of projects to time and within budget.
- To maintain Gantt Charts and projects plans, tracking deliverables and budgets.
- To track existing grants and internal projects.
- To take responsibility for delivering development projects on time and in budget
- To maintain extensive project plans with various external suppliers effectively and highlight any deviations in timing or budget.
- To maintain the tracking of deliverables and budgets both to customers and from suppliers.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested from time to time.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Proven ability in project managing scientific or engineering projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar.
- PM Certification or equivalent (e.g. AGILE, SCRUM, Prince2)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Industrial experience.
- Experience of working in a quality led environment, preferably under ISO13485.
- A degree in science or engineering, preferably the life sciences.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Project
- Ability to fit into a dynamic team environment.
- A highly motivated, organised, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to deliver results in a timely manner.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation.
- Project Management experience in life science or medical device applications
- Project Management experience in a production environment
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
QuantuMDx’ flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
QuantuMDx is currently involved in helping to alleviate the current Covid-19 pandemic and has launched a Covid-19 Test Kit to be deployed in high throughput laboratories and carry out much needed molecular testing.
The company is also developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT®.