We’re looking for an office coordinator, who is a proactive, enthusiastic, confident and dedicated individual, to support the day-to-day running of the office in a fast moving biotech, primarily in support of the Operations function, as well as other departments where necessary. You should be able to multitask, have a keen eye for detail, be observant and quick thinking.
Covering a large range of duties you must be able to take ownership of a variety of tasks with minimal supervision. Training will be provided.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Answering the office phone, screening/transferring calls and assisting with the query where possible.
- Answering the door to visitors, partners, contractors and delivery drivers, ensuring they signed in, offered refreshments where appropriate and informing the member of staff they are here to see.
- Taking all deliveries and ensuring the correct person is contacted, keeping daily records of deliveries.
- Organise and assist with all external shipments and keep up to date records of shipments.
- Work closely with the Office & Logistics Manager and VP Operations on internal and external projects helping where needed.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external meetings including diary management of 6 meeting rooms, creation of Zoom, Teams and Skype meetings company wide.
- Prepare all meeting rooms for external meetings and issue refreshments when required.
- Ensure the office and kitchen supplies are available, clean and organised.
- Ordering stock for the office and carrying out regular stock checks.
- Organise and maintain the filing system and carry out data inputting as and when required.
- Support with a variety of admin tasks as and when required across the company maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Assist with booking staff travel and car hire.
- Help with facility management, ensuring the building runs to a good standard, working with Lab Management, the H&S Team and the external cleaners.
- Other tasks as requested.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Possess qualifications equivalent to A-Level or Level 3 NVQ or above.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with both fellow staff members and external parties in a professional and discreet manner.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise effectively and have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills with minimal supervision. Have buckets of initiative and gumption!
- A high level of proficiency in using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- A good sense of humour.
- Business Administration NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a co-ordination or organisational role and within an office environment.
- Knowledge of Sage Accounts.
- Basic catering skills would be advantageous.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at an accessible price point.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that may be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT®