We’re looking for an IT Engineer, who will be responsible for helping to develop and maintain QuantuMDx’ IT and computer systems by identifying potential improvements and implementing IT infrastructure, solutions , policies and procedures.
You will assist the IT Manager with day to day management of IT infrastructure and ensure hardware and software issues are resolved promptly and measures put in place to minimise reoccurrence. Ideally, you will have proven experience in configuring, testing and monitoring desktop, software, application and servers (Active Directory, Windows Server, Linux and Office 365) and working with both technical and non-technical users. You will have a pragmatic approach and strong communication skills, capable of clearly identifying requirements and issues and act upon them in an appropriate time frame.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Identify and fix hardware malfunction to ensure functionality
- Support IT systems design, installation and maintain internal communications systems.
- Fix hardware, software and networking issues according to specification.
- Maintain and administer IT policies and processes
- Help to provide user training to new and existing staff
- Respond to general IT requests such as setting up workstations.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent or have relevant extensive industry experience
- Ability to troubleshoot network and software issues and deliver solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Windows 10, Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Slack
- Ability to support specialist solutions
- Ability to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- FreePBX or Voice experience.
- Significant experience with hardware repair issues.
- Software development skills around PHP, Python and Powershell.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at an accessible price point.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that may be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT®