The Technician will, in conjunction with other members of the engineering team, manufacture components and assemble prototypes, rigs and jigs for ongoing Q-POC™ product development. In addition, the Technician will support the work of scientists in the laboratories, to modify and maintain prototypes and rigs in a laboratory environment.
The Technician will work to requirement specifications and follow more informal instructions.
All our work is carried out to the quality requirements of ISO13485 (Medical Design Directive), requiring the ability to write reports on work carried out, and to record design decisions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Interpret engineering design documents: 2D drawings and 3D CAD models
- Interpret electronic schematic and PCB designs
- Manufacture, of components, jigs and fixtures using workshop tools including laser cutters, precision CNC mills, 3D printers etc.
- Assemble prototypes, jigs and fixtures comprising electromechanical elements
- Manage material and parts stock control.
- Maintain efficient operation of the engineering workshop.
- Liaise with external partners for the cost effective manufacture and timely delivery of components and solutions
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with engineers, scientists and management and external partners
- Adhere to QuantuMDx’s quality systems
Experience, knowledge and requirements
The person holding this position will be an extraordinary individual who has strong technical understanding of engineering design and build and an ability to work within a team to accomplish product development goals.
- At least 3 years experience in a prototyping engineering workshop
- Experience of CAM G-Code, ideally Mach3
- Understanding of machining characteristics of different polymers.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including 4-axis machining, laser cutting, 3D printing
- Understanding of functional dimensioning, tolerances and surface characteristics
- Basic electronic assembly skills: soldering, wiring and PCB assembly
- Ability to report on activities and record decisions in a professional and timely manner both verbally and through formal, quality documentation
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good sense of humour, a team player and an ability to adapt to a dynamic environment as the company transitions from R&D to production and commercialisation
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Experience of 3D CAD/CAM software, ideally Solidworks 2017 & HSMWorks
- Experience of 2D CAD software, ideally AutoCAD
- Ability to source suitable components and manufacturers, and manage those activities
- An understanding of electronics and software
- Experience with microfluidics
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, due for commercialisation in 2019, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™ and rapid sample preparation kit DNA-XT™.