We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to develop engineering solutions for our Q-POC™ platform and to develop solutions for research and commercial development across our platforms. The post holder must also liaise with our engineering partners across the globe to realise the Q-POC™ platform.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- This position must work within a team of scientists and engineers developing QuantuMDx’s portable molecular diagnostic device and molecular diagnostics assays for a range of diseases.
- To interact with, and ensure excellent communication with, the other QuantuMDx R&D groups and external engineering partners.
- The position will also be required to not only work within the development team based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, but also work as part of a wider research group, with QuantuMDx’s other laboratories and partners globally.
- Adhere to all of QuantuMDx’s Quality Assurance (QA) Systems.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Experienced in the use of an electronic CAD PCB layout system (Altium preferred)
- Ability to interpret user and functional requirements and prepare electronics architectures and schematics
- Ability to select and source components and PCBAs
- Ability to assemble and test prototype electronic devices and undertake modifications including soldering and wiring
- Experienced in designing electronics and wiring harnesses for cost, manufacture, assembly, test and maintenance
- Ability to identify appropriate manufacturing partners and be the technical interface
- Experienced in designing control systems interfacing to a variety of digital and analogue devices as well as motors and optical systems
- Experienced in designing for EMC and undertaking compliance testing
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects
- Outstanding teamwork and an ability to interact with external and internal partners on fast-paced projects
- Minimum 5 years experience working in product engineering preferably with experience of life science instrumentation
- MSc or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or similar
- Good sense of humour, team player and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Experience with embedded software and I/O
- Experience of signal analysis and other PCBA analytics
- Experienced in specifying and procuring PCBA test automation
- Experience with designing and building drivers for precision motor control and valve control
- Experience of power management for battery-powered equipment and battery management design
- Experience with designing and building drivers for precision temperature control
- Experience of interfacing to embedded controllers
- Design of instruments and consumables for the Life Sciences
- Experience in developing design history files to ISO standards including ISO9001 and IS013485 for CE IVD and FDA requirements
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, due for commercialisation in 2020, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™ and rapid sample preparation kit DNA-XT™.