This role requires a BioSensor Technician to support the Group’s R&D programme by assisting and contributing to lab-based research work, particularly with regard to biosensors, carried out within QuantuMDx.
As part of the biosensor team you will be developing systems allowing electronic signature of biological events to be detected and allow interrogation of biological assays. QuantuMDx have proprietary IP in the use of Nanowires for this application and are developing and partnering with key market leaders to ensure parallel sensing strategies and rapid disease diagnostics.
We have a world leading, multi-disciplinary team of scientists who continue to develop platform technologies continually driving down the cost, precision and time-to-result of our diagnostic assays and you will be joining a fast paced, highly motivated team.
The nature of the role will require integration and communication with Assay, Chemistry, Engineering teams all under the guidance of the quality team and the ISO13485 framework. As such you must be an excellent communicator orally and in written work.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Supporting Group laboratory focused R&D as directed by Line Manager and recording results accurately and honestly in a Lab Book in accordance with Company policy.
- Undertake electrical test and measurement of FET devices and nanomaterials.
- Writing accurate experimental plans, reports and maintain inventories
- Recording and interpreting results from electrical characterisation (transconductance, transfer function and threshold voltages for example) to present to senior management and external partners.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Conducting searches on identified topics relevant to Group R&D programme, as directed by Line Manager.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Supporting the Group Research Manager and Quality Assurance Manager in developing, implementing, communicating and maintaining a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with ISO13485 standards.
- Effectively interacting with Technical and Development teams to ensure analysis is performed in accordance with company procedures.
- Working with purchasing staff to establish Quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that modifications are investigated if necessary.
- Complying with QA standards and policies and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment.
- Ensuring the laboratory is well‐stocked and resourced.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- BSc, MSc level graduates with Physics or electrical engineering experience are encouraged to apply. Experience of electrical characterisation / test and measurement using low voltage SMUs would be beneficial.
- An inherent willingness to research, develop and explore scientific methodologies and ideas in response to research and device developmental challenges.
- To adhere at all times to the legislation, guideline and demands of the external and internal regulatory environments.
- Excellent communication / teamwork / IT skills and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects.
- Knowledge of biosensors and operational characteristics when applied to label free detection methods.
- Experience of MATLAB programming would be an advantage
- A good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialization.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, due for commercialisation in 2019, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™ and rapid sample preparation kit DNA-XT™.