This role requires a highly self-motivated and enthusiastic Assay Technician to work in the Assay Team of the QuantuMDx Research and Development programme. This role involves laboratory-based experimentation, which will assist in the development of QuantuMDx’ point of care diagnostic platform, as well maintenance and service provision. Laboratory work will focus on testing & developing DNA-/RNA- based DNA extraction & purification technologies. There will also be some involvement in experimental design and in determining the future direction of the company’s R&D and commercial products.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Undertake performance analysis and validation of QuantuMDx assays.
- Generate, record and present complex data, to line manager, colleagues, senior management.
- Attend lab, team and project meetings and present and report findings.
- Write scientific plans and reports, SOPs, COSHH forms.
- Contribute to maintenance of the lab and equipment.
- Perform laboratory tasks to aid the progression of projects lead by QuantuMDx Research Scientists.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- A minimum of BSc in life sciences or equivalent experience in a non-academic setting.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid amplification and detection chemistries, including hands on experience with qPCR.
- Knowledge of other molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction
- Wet lab experience covering general molecular techniques.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to work to the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies in line with ISO13485 standards.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills.
- Good sense of humour and ability to work in a changing environment on complex projects.
- Experience of handling biological samples, such as blood and/or cell cultures.
- Experience of real-time qPCR, DNA extraction procedures or work involving RNA.
- Some knowledge of microfluidic systems.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
QuantuMDx’ flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
QuantuMDx is currently involved in helping to alleviate the current Covid-19 pandemic and has launched a Covid-19 Test Kit to be deployed in high throughput laboratories and carry out much needed molecular testing.
The company is also developing further diagnostic platforms that can be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT®.