We are looking for an Accounts and Payroll Administrator / Part-qualified Accountant, responsible for all aspects of the transactional finance function across the QuantuMDx Group of Companies, including the preparation of monthly management accounts. This is a varied role, embracing Sage book-keeping, payroll, management accounting and reporting, undertaken in a rapidly expanding global business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performing a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Day-to-day Sage based book-keeping duties across all Group companies including purchase ledger, sales ledger invoicing, cash postings and nominal ledger journals
- Administration of Sage 50 accounts and Sage payroll, setting access rights, backups and installing upgrades where necessary
- Preparing the monthly payroll and annual payroll submissions for approval by the VP Finance taking into consideration starters, leavers, benefits in kind, changes to tax coding exporting payments to the online banking system, posting payroll journals and sending payslips to staff
- Payment of expenses to staff and posting into Sage
- Reporting PAYE and NIC to HMRC in line with RTI requirements
- Preparing and submitting the quarterly VAT returns for the UK based company
- Assisting the VP Finance in the preparation of monthly management reports across all Group companies, reviewing the nominal ledger, calculating accruals and prepayments and posting journals to Sage
- Assisting in the preparation of audit schedules and documents as requested by the external auditors of each Group company
- Preparing weekly supplier BACS payment runs via Group’s internet banking facility for approval by the VP Finance/CEO
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and overseeing the suppliers’ statement reconciliations
- Overseeing the maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Dealing with all financial administration including telephone and email queries in a timely and professional manner
- Chasing sales ledger invoices and collecting cash for Group companies
- Mentoring the finance assistant and training other team members to use Sage 50 accounts where necessary
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the VP Finance or CEO
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience in, using all aspects of the Sage 50 accounting and payroll packages
- Previous experience in a finance role
- Basic understanding of book-keeping and the workings of a finance department
- Possess an excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills including competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Sage 50
- Ability to prioritise workload, demonstrate initiative and take ownership of duties
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently but within a hard-working and enthusiastic finance team
- Outstanding teamwork, a great sense of humour and ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional group environment, with a willingness to be hands-on
- Be eligible to work full time within the UK without restriction
- Partially or fully qualified AAT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to moc.xdmutnauq@tnemtiurcer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is an exciting and highly innovative multinational company headquartered in the United Kingdom, with operations and partners in the United States, Asia, Europe and Africa.
The Company’s technology innovates the molecular diagnostic work-flow, enabling delivery of rapid actionable answers to complex clinical questions at a price point accessible to both high and low resource settings.
The Company’s flagship device is the Q-POC™, a simple-to-use, affordable, portable sample to answer molecular diagnostic device. With its laboratory quality testing and cost-effective disposable, Q-POC™ will bring the power of precision medicine to health professionals throughout the world, regardless of location or budget. Moreover, with its best in class multiplexing technology, it enables rapid detection of antimicrobial resistance and subsequent ‘right first-time prescribing’.
The company is developing further diagnostic platforms that may be used as standalone devices or integrated into diagnostic workflows. Products include the pathogen enricher CAPTURE-XT™.