QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Office Assistant
This is a full time position, which requires a proactive, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to support the day-to-day running of the office, primarily in support of the administration and HR functions and other departments where necessary. The individual should be able to multi task, have a keen eye for detail, and be observant and quick thinking.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Answering the office phone, screening/transferring calls and assisting with the query where possible.
- Answering the door to visitors, partners, contractors and delivery drivers, ensuring they sign in, offering refreshments where appropriate and informing the member of staff they are here to see.
- Assisting with the deliveries and transporting small deliveries to the correct building when required.
- Preparing and coordinating all dispatches.
- Assist with the HR recruitment process and updating of company information.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external meetings including diary management of 6 meeting rooms.
- Prepare all meeting rooms for external meetings and issue refreshments when required.
- Helping ensure the office and kitchen(s) supplies are available, stocked, clean and organised.
- Assisting with filing & data inputting as and when required.
- Support the Business Service Coordinator and Board PA with a variety of admin tasks as and when required.
- Other tasks as requested.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Possess qualifications equivalent to at least 5 GCSE’s grades A-C including English and Maths.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with both fellow staff members and external parties.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise effectively and have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Proficient in using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- A good sense of humour
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Business Administration NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Hospitality Experience
Salary is £13- £16K dependent on experience and subject to minimum wage requirements. Full training will be given.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to HR@QUANTUMDX.COM.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and technology companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device Q-POC™ is a low-cost, simple-to-use, handheld diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics.
Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering goldstandard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the cost of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing from just a few dollars, in any setting globally.