QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Marketing Executive
As QuantuMDx Group prepares for commercialisation of its flagship portable lab, Q-POC™, the Marketing Executive will work within the Marketing Team to create, implement and monitor the marketing communications strategy. There will be significant focus on building brand awareness through a communications strategy and a strong reputation to lay the foundations for product launch in 2018/19.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Performs a combination, but not necessarily all, of the following duties:
- Planning, developing and implementing effective marketing communication campaigns.
- Using the full marketing mix for the company’s marketing communications
- Writing copy for all marketing collateral, including press releases, brochures, letters, emails and websites
- Day to day contact for PR/Communications and Design Agencies
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure each piece of marketing material is technically accurate, aligns with our company values, and supports a strong reputation
- Support continuous development of the company’s internal communications processes
- Support other business functions by sharing information on competitors, industry trends, market research, business development and funding opportunities
- Maintain friendly and cooperative relationships with QuantuMDx’s partners and their press teams for collaborative outreach
- Support the PR strategy by searching out new press contacts, managing the press database, circulating press releases and evaluating the success of key pieces
- Execute the events strategy by seeking out conferences in line with the marketing strategy, taking advantage of press opportunities, and evaluating impact
- Coordinate the company’s presence at events, and represent the company when appropriate
- Manage digital media, including social media channels and liaising with the external design agency on the WordPress website
- Continuously evaluate and improve content and channel strategies
- Undertake other tasks as may reasonably be requested from time to time by the Business Development, Senior Management and Executive Teams.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Science or Marketing degree, CIM qualification advantageous or working towards CIM
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a marketing communications role successfully demonstrating impact, advantageous to have worked within IVD, life sciences or health industries
- Proven ability to deliver effective marketing communications campaigns, including coordinated press, events and digital channel messaging
- Experience managing social media channels and website content
- Demonstrable experience working with media to develop in-depth stories on complex technical topics such as life science and health topics
- Track record of collaboration with external partners to achieve impactful communications
- Outstanding writing skills, with experience interpreting scientific literature and data for a lay audience; writing samples will be requested
- Excellent communication, collaboration and strong project management and data analytics skills
- Proven ability to work independently and drive projects through proactive decision-making
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively on several active projects simultaneously
- This job may require travel throughout the UK and some international trips
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Ability to fit into a dynamic team environment
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Excellent IT skills including experience using a range of programmes
- WordPress or similar CMS
- Capsule or similar CRM
- Photoshop and other programmes within the Adobe suite
- Google Analytics
- Familiarity with marketing law and regulations surrounding management of marketing data
- Understanding of IVD research and development process, including clinical trials and regulatory path, and the implications for marketing communications
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and diagnostics companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device, Q-POC™, is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics. Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering gold-standard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the price of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing for just a few dollars, in any setting globally.