QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Laboratory Coordinator
Newcastle upon Tyne
QuantuMDx requires an enthusiastic Laboratory Coordinator to assist with the smooth and safe daily running of the laboratories. The role would involve a wide range of responsibilities, meaning the ideal candidate must be extremely well organised, able to multitask and adapt to the dynamic nature of a busy working laboratory.
Although the role would not involve any direct research tasks, the ideal candidate must also have a background knowledge in life sciences and be confident in a laboratory environment. As the main point of contact for a range of laboratory related queries, strong communication skills, patience and the ability to work as part of a wider team are also key attributes required for the role.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinating orders and receipts of equipment and consumables
- Monitoring consumables
- Monitoring and arranging equipment maintenance
- Arranging quotations for new equipment
- Writing and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures
- Asset tracking maintenance
- Handling any general laboratory CAPAs that arise
- Assisting with and planning laboratory re-arrangement when necessary
- Updating general laboratory documents such as signage
- Laboratory coat laundry and rotation
- Monitoring use-by dates of reagents and ensuring correct disposal of any out of date reagents
- Monitoring and updating of laboratory inventory
- Monitoring and recording laboratory air pressures
- Running glass wash
- Running autoclave
- Re-stocking laboratories from the store room
- Attending Health and Safety Committee meetings
- Completing monthly Health and Safety Audits
- Assisting with risk assessments of equipment and processes
- Supervising any external services in the labs
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- BSc in a life sciences related subject.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Experience in working in a laboratory.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Experience in a similar industrial role would be desirable.
- Experience working with ISO13485
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and diagnostics companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device, Q-POC™, is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics. Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering gold-standard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the price of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing for just a few dollars, in any setting globally.