QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Junior Laboratory Co-ordinator
Junior Laboratory Co-ordinator
QuantuMDx requires an enthusiastic Junior Laboratory Co-ordinator to assist the Laboratory Coordinator with the smooth and safe daily running of the laboratories. The role would involve a wide range of responsibilities, meaning the ideal candidate must be extremely well organised, able to multitask and adapt to the dynamic nature of a busy working laboratory.
Although the role would not involve any direct research tasks, the ideal candidate must also have a background knowledge in life sciences or chemistry and be confident in a laboratory environment. As a point of contact for a range of laboratory related queries, strong communication skills, patience and the ability to work as part of a wider team are also key attributes required for the role.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
Assisting the Laboratory Co-ordinator with:
- Taking receipt of equipment and consumables
- Monitoring and updating of laboratory inventory including disposal of out-of-date reagents
- Monitoring consumable usage and re-stocking laboratories
- Ensuring laboratories are operated in line with quality standards for ISO 13485
- Preparation of laboratory reagents (weekly)
- Ensuring laboratory waste is correctly managed
- Operation of autoclave and glasswasher
- Ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained and subject to appropriate calibration and servicing
- Assisting with laboratory re-arrangement when necessary
- Laboratory coat laundry and rotation.
- BSc in a life sciences or chemistry related subject
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Experience of working in a laboratory.
- Experience in a similar industrial role would be desirable.
- Experience working to ISO 13485.
Knowledge of Quality Management Systems..
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and technology companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device Q-POC™ is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics.
Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering goldstandard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the cost of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing from just a few dollars, in any setting globally.