QuantuMDx is dedicated to improving and democratising global health by providing transformative diagnostic tools to overburdened healthcare systems.
QuantuMDx Finance Assistant
QuantuMDx Group requires an enthusiastic and well organised Finance Assistant to join the busy finance team. The successful candidate must be able to multitask and manage workloads effectively to help with the smooth running of the finance department. They must be able to work as part of a team and also have the initiative to work independently to meet the needs of the business in a timely and professional manner.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Checking and processing staff expense claims, coding and inputting into Sage 50 Accounts
- Matching delivery notes to purchase orders and updating electronic record for all group companies
- Processing the purchase invoices and updating electronic record with correct cost centre and nominal ledger code, obtaining correct authorisation where necessary
- Inputting purchase invoices into Sage 50 accounts for all group companies
- Performing monthly reconciliations of creditors ledger to supplier statements, investigating differences and liaising with suppliers to chase missing invoices
- Ensuring all supplier records are input and correctly maintained in Sage 50 Accounts
- Maintaining fixed asset register and reconciling to the general ledger at the end of each month
- Assisting with month end reporting and completion of management accounts
- Ensuring monthly project timesheets are signed by research staff, returned and filed
- Assisting with year end and grant audits, preparing documents for the auditors and responding to any queries raised
- Assisting with all financial administration including filing, telephone and email queries in a timely and professional manner
- Any other duties to assist the finance team, as requested
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- Previous experience in a finance role and a basic understanding of book-keeping
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills including competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload, demonstrate initiative and bring to management’s attention potential or real problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a hard-working and enthusiastic finance team
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Partially or fully qualified AAT
- Experience in using Sage 50 accounting package
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- A good sense of humour
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and diagnostics companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device, Q-POC™, is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics. Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering gold-standard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the price of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing for just a few dollars, in any setting globally.