QuantuMDx is looking for a skilled and motivated Software Test Engineer to test software for both our Q-POC™ platform and internal research platforms, in addition to liaising with our engineering and software partners across the globe to realise the
A key success factor for this position is the ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional group environment, in a highly collaborative manner.
The ideal candidate is someone with a great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges as the company grows.
This role requires a very proactive tester and test software developer to own and drive the testing arm of the software development team. This will encompass toolset selection or advisement as well as deployment, set up, maintenance and use of the entire toolset.
This role may require travel throughout the UK and some occasional international trips.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience in a previous Software Testing role
- Cross-platform C/C++ experience on embedded and desktop platforms
- Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) systems such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc. Including the setup and modification of such systems.
- Test coverage tool use, and deployment/set up experience
- Design and implementation of automated and manual tests, as appropriate, to cover:
- Module, sub-system and system level testing
- Integration and regression testing
- Production of test planning, logging and reporting documentation
- Experience working with a QA team
- General drive and ability to assess and select (or provide useful summary information) of toolsets and services for CI systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic team-based environment on complex, fast-paced projects, interacting with both internal and external partners are a must.
- Good sense of humour, positive and constructive team player, and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment as the company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation are essential.
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to work.
- Candidate must be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Cloud build services experience (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with embedded software systems and firmware development is strongly desired, as is experience of interfacing software with bespoke hardware. Some basic electronics knowledge would be beneficial.
- Ideally the candidate will have 2 years of relevant industrial experience 3 or more years’ experience would be desirable. Experience within a multidisciplinary R&D environment would be beneficial.
- Development under quality systems using extensive unit testing and code reviews is preferred. Knowledge of ISO13485 (Medical Devices) would be beneficial as would development under agile software practices whilst conforming to a quality system.
- Experience with IVD assay development or developing Life Science instruments or medical devices is desirable.
- Minimum BEng/BSc (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Science and Electronics, or Software Engineering degree is highly desirable.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to HR@QUANTUMDX.COM.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and diagnostics companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device, Q-POC™, is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics. Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering gold-standard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the price of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing for just a few dollars, in any setting globally.