QuantuMDx is looking for a skilled and motivated Junior Application Software Engineer to aid development software for both our Q-POC™ applications and internal research platforms, in addition to liaising with our engineering and software partners across the globe to realise the Q-POC™ platform.
The candidate hired for this role will work within a team of Software Engineers and scientists developing molecular diagnostics for a range of diseases and translating these assays to QuantuMDx’s portable molecular diagnostic device.
The role is primarily concerned with the production of code, encompassing the entire Software Development Lifecycle. As such requirements analysis, design and maintenance duties will be required, in addition to the core focus of writing and debugging code. The role is strongly focused on application level software development, though may occasionally require development in embedded environments. Development needs will encompass, but not be limited to: GUI development, user workflow logic, results storage and browsing, connectivity features and functions, peripheral integration and utilisation, system settings menus and functions. A key success factor for this position is the ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional group environment, in a highly collaborative manner.
The ideal candidate is someone with a great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges as the company grows.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- A BSc/BEng graduate or an extraordinary junior developer with 2 or more years’ commercial experience who has strong technical understanding and the tenacity to drive technical solutions to completion with limited supervision, as well as seeking guidance as and when required.
- 6 months C++ experience
- Object-oriented programming principles
- Must be keen to improve quickly and take on new skills
- The suitable candidate must be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to fit into a dynamic team environment
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to work
- Good sense of humour and ability to adapt to a changing environment as the Company matures and moves from the R&D stage into commercialisation
- Qt/QML highly desirable, or similar GUI framework
- UI development highly desirable
- Unit testing and test experience in general is desirable
- Development under quality systems using extensive unit testing and code reviews is preferred. Knowledge of ISO13485 (Medical Devices) would be beneficial as would development under agile software practices whilst conforming to a quality system
- Experience with IVD assay development or developing Life Science instruments or medical devices
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to HR@QUANTUMDX.COM.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
QuantuMDx Group is one of the most exciting life sciences, tools and diagnostics companies to emerge from the UK in recent years. Due for commercialisation in 2018, their signature device, Q-POC™, is a low-cost, simple-to-use, portable diagnostic device for 10 – 20 minute diagnosis at the patient’s side. The robust device will identify the presence and strain of an infection, ensuring the right drug is prescribed first time, facilitating a more intelligent use of antibiotics. Further to this, globally distributed Q-POC™ devices will geotag and anonymise pathogen data, sending it to the cloud for real-time disease and drug resistance monitoring, and rapid detection and containment of pathogens.
Q-POC™ is ideally suited to help address the humanitarian health burden by offering gold-standard molecular diagnostics at a fraction of the price of traditional testing. Once the device has passed regulatory approval it will be available for highly multiplexed diagnostic and drug susceptibility testing for just a few dollars, in any setting globally.